Monday, February 9, 2009

But Butter Goes On Bread

Today the boys and I went to the store to get Nathan diapers and some milk. We walked around the store and found a magnifying glass in the toy department. Carson has been asking for a magnifying glass since last fall and I hadn't found one until today, so I let him get one. On the way home, he started whining and said his finger was stuck. I stop to see and he had put his finger into the hole on the handle that is used for hanging it up. I tried to get his finger out and it was stuck! He started to cry and I told him it was okay and that when we got home, I would put soap or butter on it and it would come off. (I was hoping anyway) He started laughing and said, "but butter goes on bread". I explained how it was slippery and would help get his finger out. He thought that was pretty funny and was calm the rest of the drive home. When we got home, he went to the fridge and got out the butter. I went to get the camera, because I didn't want to miss this Kodak moment. I came back and started to take a picture and he pulled it right off. I said, "oh you got it. Let's put the butter away." Oh, he got very upset and started to cry. "But, I want to put butter on it. Please, can we put butter on it?" Then he spent about 5 minutes trying to get it stuck back on his finger, but he did not succeed. Boys are weird. Preschoolers are weird. Preschool boys are just plain goofballs.

No comments: