Monday, May 18, 2009

Raising him well

Well, Carson may be a pill sometimes, but overall, I'm so proud of how sweet and empathetic he is.
Yesterday, I could not stay awake. I literally slept all day long and when I would wake up, it wasn't for long and I was exhausted. About 5:30, I woke up (again) on the living room couch and was trying hard to stay awake. Carson had been outside with his daddy. He came in to use the potty and when he was done, he said, "Mommy do you want to go outside and sit in the green chair? I will help you walk out there."
He was so serious about being there to 'help' me. I said, "Okay sweetie."
When I stood up, he took my hand with both of his and said, "just walk slow and I'll help you so you don't fall." He held my hand the entire way through the house and outside. Greg looked confused as Carson helped me to the chair outside. I just smiled.
I'm not sure why he thought that I needed help walking, maybe because I was so tired all day I was stumbling everywhere I went, but could a child be sweeter?

1 comment:

Michaelle said...

That was very sweet of him. I have days when I feel like that too. I suffer with depression too (even with antidepressants), and I think that has a lot to do with it.